Clearly, we all want to ensure that our loved ones are taken care of in their later years. Care homes and nursing homes are often the best way to provide this care. 
If you take this step, you would expect that your loved one will receive excellent standards of care. Naturally, you want your loved ones to be made as comfortable and happy as possible. 
But what happens if the care they receive is far from caring? And what do you do if your loved one has suffered an injury because of the sub-standard care? 
The unfortunate truth is that not all care homes provide an adequate level of care. The news is filled with horror stories. 
Poor standards of care can easily put residents’ health, or even their lives, at risk. Some examples include: 
• Physical and/or emotional abuse. 
• Inadequate supervision of residents, potentially leading to a resident becoming confused, distressed, or even wandering out of the home into danger. 
• Pressure sores or other injuries resulting from long-term immobility. 
• Mistakes with medication and/or prescriptions. 
• Injuries from falls or careless patient handling. 
• Inattentive care of residents’ nutrition and/or hydration 
All of these examples are nightmare scenarios. 
Making a claim against a care home 
A care home automatically owes a duty of care to all of its residents. It is also responsible for the actions of the staff that it employs. If a care home has failed in their duties and caused you or your loved one an injury, then there is an entitlement to compensation. 
Alchemy Law can help you every step of the way through this unfortunate set of circumstances. We have many years of experience in successfully pursuing personal injury claims against care and nursing homes – giving clients the just result, and compensation, they deserve. 
Elderly woman with a zimmer frame
How long do we have to make a claim? 
As with all personal injury claims, strict time limits apply. 
In general, your loved one must begin their claim within three years of the date of the accident or incident. 
A number of rules may change the time limits which apply to the claim. If you or your loved one is thinking of bringing a personal injury claim against a care home, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can advise you on where you stand. 
Contact us today 
Alchemy Law can help you recover the compensation that you or your loved ones deserve. We will guide you through every step of the claims process with expertise and integrity. 
Contact us today so that we can advise you on your situation. 
If you need to talk in Polish, we work in conjunction with


Alchemy Law services clients based near Knaresborough, Harrogate, Otley, Pateley Bridge, Boroughbridge, Wetherby, Ripon, York, Leeds.  TRY US OUT OR CALL: 01423 788538 

Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. ACCEPT COOKIES MANAGE SETTINGS